Premiere Issue Summer 2010 Newsletter is here
Get FEATURED in the FOR FOOD’s SAKE Newsletter
We’re looking for original material that is in alignment with the For Food’s Sake mission. Please review the submission template for layout. This could include original writing, audio, video, art, etc. that is related to any of the following topics:
- The Intersection of Food & (History, Traditions, Environment, Culture, Identity etc.)
- Past experience at a For Food’s Sake Event
- Chef or Farmer highlights
- Food & Children
- Charities or Organizations in area that support feeding the poor and or sustainability
- Practical Nutritional Advice
You can probably get a good sense of the kind of content that the For Food’s Sake community is interested in by viewing the website and past newsletters. And as mentioned above, the creative form that your submission takes need not be limited to text alone (though it certainly can be just text). Feel free to be creative and submit any combination of digital media that you feel helps elucidate your vision.
In essence we’re looking for material that moves forward the larger conversation that’s happening here on For Food’s Sake..
What we’re not looking for
We’re totally fine with your material being provocative or even highly critical (we don’t want to shy away from healthy conflict or disagreement), but we ask that the tone be respectful and that your arguments be well-reasoned and also well researched. We will immediately reject any submissions that we feel don’t meet these guidelines.
Preparing your content
Once your post has been created according to the above criteria, you’ll want to:
- Proofread – Before submitting, make sure to proofread your article or double-check your finished media. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us
- Download our posting template and replace the default copy with your own.
- Zip – Make sure to zip your article together, including all your images and any other media assets, before uploading. If your file is too big to upload, let us know and we’ll find an alternative way to get it.
- Send – Use the above form to send your material in!
By submitting you acknowledge:
- The material you are submitting is your original work and not published elsewhere. (Please credit all sources, assets, and use common sense.)
- Your article may be edited prior to publishing—though the better it is edited upon submission the better the chance it will be accepted.
If you article is accepted:
- We’ll get in touch with you to let you know within 2 weeks. Once your material is published, you will have your bio, and a link to your website and twitter account.
- You grant a royalty-free license to For Food’s Sake to be the sole publisher of the article online. You may republish extracts—for example on your own site.
Thank you again for your interest in submitting original material to For Food’s Sake. It’s our sincere hope that your material will bring benefit to others in the For Food’s Sake community, and will also help support your related projects.